This is not a hotel bar. We repeat, this is not a hotel bar. According to Eater, there is a vague and long off plan to rent out the rooms above the bar, but at present, the name is strictly for effect.
- Getting in: Although Hotel Delmano is nondescript from the street with no signage, once inside, one finds oneself in a quaint, mysterious and enchanting room. The front door is barred by a chain as the main entrance is blocked by a bouncer on the side. Don’t be alarmed if they ask you to wait outside.
- Vibe/layout: The elegantly curved marble bar serves as the centerpiece for this picture-perfect two-room hideaway, adorned with opulent chandeliers, smoky vintage mirrors and black-and-white portraits of old, important-looking people. The bartenders sport suspenders and frequently climb up the wooden ladder behind the bar to fetch bottles on the high up shelves. The cushy banquettes and secluded nooks make this saloon the perfect place for a date night or for catching up with a friend or small group.
- Drinks: Delicious, beautifully made cocktails for well under $15? We’re in. The Gentle Julep is our favorite (rye, maple, mint, lemon, angostura bitters) ($11). The Pink Cloud (gin, lemon, house-made cranberry shrub, egg white, shaken and served up) ($12) serves as a seasonal runner-up.
- F.Y.I.: Alyssa Abeta and Zeb Stewart, the Union Pool owners, and Jeff Hansen, the cocktail man, form the team behind this speakeasy.
- Address: Williamsburg, 82 Berry St (N 9th & Berry)
- Prices: $12-$14