- Why it’s worth it: Tipsy Parson is an adorable and charming Southern gem buried in the big city, perfect for friends, family or a date!
- Vibe/Layout: This long, narrow ‘straunt has a beautiful marble-and-dark-wood bar taking up much of the space in the front, with a candle-lit dining room with smaller wooden tables and booths in the back. The small details of this establishment, including the bookshelf wallpaper and cushion window seats near the bar and the dark wooden tables set with mismatched flowered china, old-fashioned silver and farmhouse dish towels as napkins in the back, are what give Tipsy Parson its vintage charm.
- Ideal meal: Corn dogs ($9), mac n cheese ($8), St. Louis pork ribs ($14, comes with 2 sides)
- Straunt tip: Grab a drink before or after at the nearby speakeasy, Bathtub Gin, or the hidden bar below Chelsea Market, The Tippler!
- F.Y.I.: Partners and owners, Julie Wallach and Tasha Gibson designed the space, worked on the build-out themselves and provided many of the featured knickknacks. This is their second ‘straunt, after Little Giant.
- Address: Chelsea, 156 9th Ave (between 19th & 20th Sts)
- Prices: $6-$34