- Why it’s worth it: Ridiculous pancakes, obviously. Once you get past the mammoth brunch line, which resembles a packed subway car on the weekends, you must devour Clinton Street Baking Company‘s signature blueberry pancakes. Talk about starting your day off right, when it comes to pancake craving, Clinton Street satisfies. They are the. best. pancakes. we’ve. ever. eaten.
- Vibe/layout: This cozy, intimate and charming little 32-seat eatery exudes a warm and homey atmosphere that make up for the large crowds and close tables. Upon entering, the front portion of the ‘straunt is a takeaway pastry and coffee bar featuring delicious treats.
- Ideal meal: Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes ($14) – Three large, incredibly light pancakes topped with blueberries and powdered sugar. The warm maple butter brings this pancake-condiment combo to the next level, making it a warm, buttery sweet delight.
- The people behind Clinton Street Baking Co: This ‘straunt was founded in 2001 by the husband-and-wife team Neil Kleinberg and DeDe Lahman, who we will now refer to as the king and queen of pancakes.
- Address: LES, 4 Clinton St (Clinton & East Houston)
- Prices: $9-$17