- Why it’s worth it: As you walk into Uva you are transported to a rustic style Italian villa that is perfect for a romantic rendezvous, late-night dinner or after work drink. The food is fresh and rich in flavor and texture and will not disappoint.
- Vibe/layout: The vibe is rustic and relaxed, with seating spread between the main room, the private wine cellar and the year-round backyard patio. This ‘straunt is intimate and homey, but also a bit swanky and trendy. The decor is reminiscent of a home or dining room in Tuscany with old photographs of Italy and antique mirrors lining the walls.
- Ideal meal: Gnocchi di ricotta ($19)
- F.Y.I.: Uva is the direct offspring of Lusardi’s, an UES Italian ‘straunt right up the street, such that Massimo Lusardi, the owner of Uva, is the son of Mauro Lusardi, a Parma native and owner of Lusardi’s!
- Address: UES, 1486 2nd Ave (between 77th & 78th St)
- Prices: $6.50 – $23