- Getting in: It’s easy to miss Larry Lawrence as it is located down a long, concrete hallway demarcated by one word, “Bar.”
- Vibe/layout: Before 11pm, this bar is nearly always deserted, but it does eventually fill up with people craving a quiet place to chat, drink and/or smoke, which you can do on the glassed-in upper-deck overlooking the bar. The earthy aspects of this bar, including the open, yet intimate space surrounded by brick, wood-paneling and custom furniture, give it a “ski-lodge” sort of feel. This spacious spot is dimly lit, stylish and sleek. On the ground floor, smoothly carved bar stools and wooden booths mark the perimeter, leaving a large amount of floor space for bigger crowds.
- Drinks: Beers, wines, cocktails, shots… anything… it’s all about the atmosphere here.
- F.Y.I.: This speakeasy is named after the owner’s childhood friend.
- Straunt tip: Eat dinner at Caracas Arepa Bar next door, grab a drink at Larry Lawrence and then head to St.Mazie for another drink
- Address: Williamsburg, 295 Grand St (between Havemeyer & Roebling St)
- Prices: $4-$16