Westville is an ideal spot for convening with friends, family or a date, whether for a leisurely breakfast, quick lunch or fuss-free dinner, with wholesome, good food made from fresh ingredients and a lot of local flavor. This ‘straunt offers a bright environment, with fresh and simple American fare and laidback table service.
- Why it’s worth it: The food is described as what the owners love to eat, “prepared simply and tastefully.” This translates to hearty and recognizable American fare, cooked better than you could probably cook it yourself. The ingredients are market-fresh, seasonal and straightforward.
- Vibe/Layout: The boxy dining room is sparse with bright white walls, a chalkboard scrawled with daily specials and a simple bar. Seats for no more than 50 line the walls and are pushed up against the large floor-to-ceiling windows. The look is clean and simple, without over-the-top flourishes (or really any at all) and distracting frills.
- Ideal meal: Grilled salmon with a choice of 2 market sides ($18)
- F.Y.I.: To get a seat at this ‘straunt, you write your name down on the clipboard near the door and wait to be called. If there isn’t a wait, then the clipboard is flipped over telling you to go right on in!
- Address: Chelsea, 246 West 18th St. (between 7th Ave and 8th Ave)
- Prices: $6-$24