Prosperity Dumpling is an amazing little hole-in-the-wall joint selling some delectable dumplings of love! They are ridiculously inexpensive and delicious, it’s a great place whether you’re on a budget or not. Even if you’re looking to just get a quick bite of food, all you need is a $1.
- Why it’s worth it: If you want DELICIOUS dumplings for $3 total (aka middle school lunch money), this is your new go-to place.
- Layout: As you enter, there are two counters on both the left and right with 5 total stools. You’re also greeted by an ordering counter and a large menu hanging overhead with the prices. Once you’re ready, place your order, and try to grab a seat in this tiny ‘straunt (which will definitely make you feel like you’re a sardine in a can) or head to a nearby park.
- Ideal meal: Pork fried bun (4 for $1) and chives and pork fried dumplings (4 for $1). The dumpling skin was thick and crispy, while the filling was juicy and moist, with rich pork juices exploding with flavor.
- F.Y.I.: Prosperity dumpling is about a 5 minute walk from the Hester Street Fair, which is also a great spot to check out on the weekend.
- Address: Chinatown, 46 Eldridge Street (between Hester St and Canal St)
- Prices: $0.75 – $3