If you have a large, loud and fun group of people who are looking for a delicious American ‘straunt, look no further than The Smith!
- Why it’s worth it: The Smith is perfect for large groups or birthday parties; this ‘straunt serves classic American food in a relaxed, yet trendy setting.
- Vibe: The decor is awesome, black-and-white with vintage twists. White subway tiles and black-and-white photos of Victorian nudes line the walls.
- Layout: There’s a spacious and lively bar to hang at while you wait for your table or to grab a drink. Beyond the bar is a big and full open dining room with an assortment of tables (circular, rectangular, booths).
- Ideal meal: Mac + cheese ($14), ricotta gnocchi ($18) or salmon ($23)
- F.Y.I.: In 2007, the first outpost of The Smith in the East Village opened and after immediate success, two more locations of The Smith were opened, in Midtown (2011) and Lincoln Center (2012). A fourth location of The Smith is planned to open in 2014 in NoMad.
- People behind: Glenn Harris and Jeffrey Lefcourt, owners of The Smith, also own the Jane.
- Address: East Village, 55 Third Ave. (between 10th and 11th St)
- Other locations: Lincoln Center, 1900 Broadway (63rd St) and Midtown, 956 Second Ave. (51st St)
- Price: $6-$33