Hold the phone… yes there is a bar with a speakeasy vibe conveniently located on the Upper East Side: JBird.
- Why It’s Worth It: The drinks lineup covers classics, from sours to swizzles to fizzes, all served with proper hand-cut or crushed ice and a metal straw (which stays cold when immersed in your drink). The food menu is somewhat limited to bar snacks and a few entrees, which are delicious and compliment the drinks well. Even better, if you don’t see a drink on the list you like, they will make you a custom drink if you tell them what you like (vodka, fruity, etc.).
- Vibe: Laid back; a nice mix of trendy and sexy; good date spot
- Layout: Small bar on the right as you walk in, maybe ten seats, pretty cozy. The middle is spacious with high top tables (for people who can’t make a full commitment for dinner) with proper dinner tables surrounding.
- F.Y.I.: Cocktail guru Jason Littrell (Death&Co.) designed the drinks list with Marshall Altier (1534).
- Address: 339 East 75th Street (between 1st and 2nd ave)