Love croissants? Love doughnuts? Then prepare yourself for the cronut.
- Who: Dominique Ansel is the mastermind behind the cronut.
- What: The cronut is a croissant-doughnut hybrid and is well worth the talk and the early morning wake up call!
- Where: Dominique Ansel’s Bakery (189 Spring Street).
- When: Invented and first served in May 2013, the cronut is available every morning when the bakery opens at 8am… but don’t show up at 8am or later in the day expecting to get one, because cronut-goers arrive at around 6:30am each morning to wait in line. There is also a strict 2 cronut per person maximum.
- Why: Because they are delicious and waking up at the crack of dawn for a pastry is quite the experience.
- How: For $5 you can tell all your friends, family and future grandkids that Dominique Ansel himself handed you your first cronut…by then, it’s sure to be as big a deal as Thomas Edison handing you your first lightbulb.